The easiest itinerary to spend a night on board on the way to Ho Chi Minh City
You may also spend a night in Cần Thơ before, and take a breakfast cruise
We can arrange road transfers and transfer of your own vehicle.
Departure: 12:00 PM at Cần Thơ market hall; Arrival 10:00 AM D+1 in Cái Bè, Tiền Giang.
Cần Thơ - Cái Bè
Cần Thơ, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
- Departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Turning into Nicolai canal, towards the Mang Thit and Co Chien rivers. Rest on the upper deck in a scenery of rice fields, sugar cane, woods on the near banks.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta's countryside, of rice fields, fruit trees and the welcoming inhabitants, or, at your option, short cycling tour of the surrounding area.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck or around the bar enjoying the sunset.The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor for the night on Mang Thit river.
- The boat departs at 6:00AM then cruises towards Cai Be. The breakfast is available at 7:00AM.
- The Bassac crosses Co Chien river then branches into Cho Lach canal for 30 minutes through the traffic of sand and rice barges, in a scenery of fruit drying facilities and wooden ship building yards.
- Arrival in Cai Be, check-out and transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal if the tide allows.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cái Bè.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:00.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
As a rule of thumb, we take care of you from boarding to disembarkation. You may also ask us to provide you with other services, like land transfer or speedboat connection to or from Cambodia.
The services of the Bassac include per night on board:
Transportation on board;
Accommodation of each passenger in a twin-share cabin, double- or twin-bedded;
English-speaking host on board and during the visits;
Vietnamese coffee, tea; mineral water;
Two visits on shore or on a small skiff;
Access to all services on board;
Access to and from the board on a longboat;
Road, speedboat transfer, except if specifically mentioned in the booking confirmation;
Personal travel insurance;
Tips and gratuities.