The most classic itinerary.
After disembarking, take the time for a Lunch cruise to a Khmer pagoda
and some cycling.
We can arrange road transfers and transfer of your own vehicle.
Departure: 12:00 PM in Cái Bè, Tiền Giang; Arrival 10:00 AM D+1 at Cần Thơ market hall.
Cái Bè - Cần Thơ
Cái Bè, on the first day at noon
- Boarding off Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, Introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
- Departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
- Lunch while en route. Rest on the deck.
- The Bassac slips into the Chợ Lách canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the river traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta's countryside, of rice fields, fruit trees and the welcoming inhabitants, or, at your option, short cycling tour of the surrounding area.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from Tra On for the night.
- The boat departs at 6:00AM then cruises towards Can Tho. The breakfast is available at 7:00AM.
- Arrival in Cần Thơ, transfer onto a local boat to visit the Cai Rang floating market, then a small bamboo basket workshop and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cần Thơ.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:00.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
As a rule of thumb, we take care of you from boarding to disembarkation. You may also ask us to provide you with other services, like land transfer or speedboat connection to or from Cambodia.
The services of the Bassac include per night on board:
Transportation on board;
Accommodation of each passenger in a twin-share cabin, double- or twin-bedded;
English-speaking host on board and during the visits;
Vietnamese coffee, tea; mineral water;
Two visits on shore or on a small skiff;
Access to all services on board;
Access to and from the board on a longboat;
Road, speedboat transfer, except if specifically mentioned in the booking confirmation;
Personal travel insurance;
Tips and gratuities.